Maxwell RC8 24V Windlass - 100W 5/16" Chain to 5/8" Rope
Maxwell's all-new RC series windlasses proudly follow in the highly successful footsteps of the Freedom, Liberty and HRC fully automatic rope/chain anchor winches. RC10 and RC8 are available in both capstan and low profile versions. RC6 is available in low profile version only.
|Model||RC8 (6/7 mm-1/4”)||RC8 (8 mm-5/16”)|
|Maximum Pull/Lift||350 kg / 770 lbs||600 kg / 1320 lbs|
|Static Hold||1200 kg / 2640 lbs||1200 kg / 2640 lbs|
|Chain Short Link||6 mm/7mm / 1/4”||8 mm / 5/16”|
|Rope Size (Nylon)*||12 mm / 1/2”||14 mm-16mm / 9/16”-5/8”|
|Chain Speed (Anchor Retrieval)||28 m/min / 92 ft/min||32 m/min / 105 ft/min|
|Rope Speed (Anchor Retrieval)||24 m/min / 79 ft/min||28 m/min / 92 ft/min|
|Power Supply (DC)||12 or 24 V||12 or 24 V|
|Motor Power||Motor Power||1000 W|
|Net Weight||12.5 kg / 27.5 lbs||16.5 kg / 36.3 lbs|
- The stainless steel RC8-6 fully automatic rope/chain windlass is designed to effortlessly retrieve and deploy 6mm/7mm (1/4") chain spliced to 12mm (1/2") three strand or 8-brait (plait) rope.
- The larger stainless steel RC88 can be used with 8mm (5/16") chain spliced to 14mm (9/16") three strand or 8-plait rope.
- The ingeniously designed rope/chain gypsy (chainwheel) is able to accommodate a wide range of chain pitch differences within the specified chain size diameters suitable for use with the RC8 Series.
- A sleek, Low Profile version and a MAX-grip capstan drum version, with drum made in chromed bronze, are available.
- Simple two piece installation saves time and money and allows easy retrofitting without disassembly of the windlass.
- Unique spacer tube design allows installation through virtually any deck thickness and the multiple mounting positions and self aligning gearbox ensure optimal location of gearbox and motor in virtually all installation situations.
- The RC8 features Maxwell's revolutionary, and patented, new Wave Design chainwheel.
- The heavy duty stainless steel pressure arm is designed to effectively help grasp the rope/chain splice, giving the RC8 an unparalleled level of performance. In combination with a heavy duty, large wire diameter, stainless steel pre-loaded spring, the pressure arm always exerts maximum control pressure.
- The RC8 works just as effectively with all-chain rodes.
- Huge, through deck hawse pipe throat ensures easy entry of the rope/chain rode into and out of the anchor locker.
- Full disassembly capability of the topworks utilising only the handle provided and an Allen key.
- Manual override and Free Fall, using the emergency crank/clutch handle provided.
- Sealed oil bath and marine-grade hard anodized, alloy gearbox provides maximum output via a precision worm and worm wheel.